1. Set a goal. I stay motivated better when I have a goal. Whether it's race or a goal to get faster, I get out the door better when I have a something to work toward.
2. Make a plan. If you want to get started running, find a training plan. For me, I love following a training plan. There is no figuring out how far to run, what work out to do. I look at my schedule and see what I need to get done.
3. Plan ahead. I have a ton of things going every week, so Sunday I look at my training plan and see what's ahead. Depending on everyone's schedule I will write down what days I can get my runs in.
4. Stay flexible. Things come up.A lot of times, I have to scribble and change things on my calendar to adjust for changes in the week.
5. Get back at it. If you can't get a run or workout in, it's okay to scratch it. Sometimes no matter how much you plan it just isn't possible. Don't give up and get discouraged, just get back at it tomorrow.
Everyone gets their motivation from different places. For me, it got easier when running became a habit. You have to make your physical health a priority. Sometimes, that means it's an early alarm getting you out before dawn or it's staying up an hour past your bedtime to get it in. If it's important to you, you make the time. Life as a mommy is always busy and chaotic but you have to learn to roll with it. You have to figure out when you have time to squeeze in a half hour run or workout. Believe me, it is possible. For any extra tips or questions leave a comment below and I will get back with you!
|When all else fails, bring the kiddos along!|